Thursday 28 February 2013

Changes

Quite a lot of water has passed since I last wrote, cycling is no longer a part of my life, I'm still a fan of pro cycling and will continue to watch, but riding a bike no longer gave me the buzz I require from a hobby.

So a clear out of the shed and bottom draw in the wardrobe, 4 bikes, loads of parts and accessories and a draw full of clothing have gone, yes even the beloved Project Peugeot.  I did finish the Peugeot, took her out for one ride and then dismantled her.  The sad fact is the bike was worth much more as parts than a complete bike.

I will also maintain my presence with Beeston CC as a paid up member as that club has a fond place in my heart having being with them from their early days and being a big part in the first 2 or 3 years of existence.

So what replaces the bike you may be asking....... well I have returned to a previous passion of mine, archery.  This was partly fueled by my son who enjoys the sport and wanted to get more involved, the thought of doing something with him really was a big persuader.  Plus I felt that after leaving the sport 4 years ago just as I was getting good I have some unfinished business, and plans to shoot in national shoots, something I never got round to before.  I am looking forward to getting out there with my lad and achieving those ambitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment