Friday 27 December 2013

2014 10k Challenge

I have this crazy idea of running a marathon in 2014...  Problem is I really struggle to keep myself motivated to train, so I have come up with a cunning plan.  Another goal to train for which will keep me going towards the main target of the marathon.

I know it makes no sense, if I can't keep motivated for one challenge how is setting two challenges going to help?  I don't know either...

The 2014 10k Challenge is to run one 10k race/event in each month of 2014, my first one is on the 19th Jan, the Brass Monkey 10k at Rockingham Race circuit.  I have not trained for about a month now, and not trained properly for over a year, so to be running 10k in a little over 3 weeks is ambitious bordering on stupid, so I'm not expecting a great result in this one.

My aim is to blog my training for the 10k challenge and the Marathon as well as my archery training if I find the time to do any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment