Thursday 25 August 2011

Thursday 25 August

With only 37 miles ridden in the last 5 weeks my epic training is non existent, so it's about time something was done.  So an early and very wet start was in order today to kick start the training.

I took the clubs Hilly route with my little adaptation to make it bang on 30 miles from Hobbs Towers.  As usual it took me a few miles to get into it, Clove was slow but not too tiring, and Drum was the easiest I've ever known it albeit I was riding slow today.  The aim of the day was to have a gentle spin on a hilly route, get the legs turning, to tell how leisurely it was compare it to my best time over the course, a full 19 minutes slower today.

I'll have a couple more of these before a 100k Audax a week on Sunday, once the children are back at school I'll get out of some distance hilly rides in preparation for the 2nd of October and the Autumn Epic.




Distance = 30.1 miles
Time = 2 hrs 9 mins
Ave Speed = 14.0 mph
Top Speed = 35.3 mph
Hillometer = 39.0 ft/mile
Max H/R = 186
Ave H/R = 149
Weather = Rain, 12c

2011
Road Bike = 1363.1
Single Speed = 63.5
Fixed = 16
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 1487

No comments:

Post a Comment