Sunday 2 August 2009

First Ride out with Beeston CC (Sunday 2nd Aug 09) - *Road*

And what a pleasure it was, thanks chaps, you'll be seeing me again, a nice pace was set, maybe a tad slow for me (I doubt I'd have kept up with the boys that went ahead) and good company made it a great ride.

Had a chat with an existing committee member who was explaining how the club had began and why the committee members now feel the need to step down as the next phase of the new club clicks in, as I said to Richard there and then I'm more than happy to help them out, whether it be helping with the web stuff or just organising the odd ride here and there, maybe even a committee position, who knows, I'm just happy to help if I can.

Anyway on to the ride itself, they picked me up on-route 2.5 miles into the ride and we headed out to Kegworth via Long Eaton and Sawley, onto Hathern, Zouch, Cotes, Six Hills and back through Wysall, East Leake, West Leak onto Kegworth and home again. If I'm honest I was hoping for a few more hills but then again it was advertised as a flat(ish) ride so can't complain, I'd have struggled anyway ;)

See route on My Bikely

Distance = 43.9 miles
Time = 2 hrs 55 mins
Ave Speed = 15.1 mph
Top Speed = 34.3 mph
Weather = Sunny, 13-18c

MTB = 579.5
Road Bike = 189.5
Total Milage = 769

Heart Rate High = 205
Heart Rate Ave = 128
Calorie's Burnt = 2579.3
Fat Burn = 282.12

No comments:

Post a Comment