Saturday 20 February 2010

Saturday 20th February *MTB*


Jack Frost had been hard at work

A bright but vey cold (-5c) morning wasn't exactly drawing me out to ride but I managed to drag myself from my bed and hit the tracks at 07:15, the sun had just risen and it was beautiful out there if not a little cold. The going was tough at times off the neaten track, the ground was extremely soft in places despite the cold temperature, I had to get of and walk on a couple of occasions as the back wheel was spinning so much.

It's a route I used in preperation for the Nottm bike ride ast year, but I switched the Breedon section round the other way today to make it harder going today, the average speed certainly reflects that!


Found some unexpected snow

Whilst riding round the back of Breedon I encountered some unexpected snow, a pleasant surprise until it bacame clear that the snow covering had prevented the boggy ground freezing, it was impossible to ride through parts of it so again a little walking was required.

On the way back I joined the Trent at Sawley and followed that to Attenborough and then home.




An attempt at an 'Arty' shot of the power station taken from nr Trent Lock golf course.



*On the way home I took the Trent to Attenborough from Sawley Marina not roads through Long Eaton as shown on map.


Distance = 32.5 miles
Time = 2 hrs 59 mins
Ave Speed = 10.8 mph
Top Speed = 31.6 mph
Hillometer = 19.6 ft/mile
Heart Rate High = 178
Heart Rate Ave = 136
Weather = Sunny, -3c

2010
MTB = 52
Road Bike = 128.8
Total Mileage = 180.8

No comments:

Post a Comment