Saturday 6 February 2010

Saturday 6th February *Road*

Took the rare opportunity of having a Saturday ride with Beeston CC today as I was off work last night. A cold misty gloomy morning greeted me as I headed out to get 10 miles in before meeting the gang. As I headed out my speedo was playing silly buggers and my rear brakes were catching, "here we go" I'm thinking. When I reached the first rendezvous point a quick tighten up of the rear calipers sorted the rubbing, but the speedo was playing up. After a while (and me unwittingly switching my front light off) the speedo began to work again, I was still at this point unaware of what the problem was.

We did a lap of the 'Tuesday chaingang' route before heading to rendezvous point number to two to pick the last bunch up (well two of them), all was going well untill ascending out of Donnington into the fog I switched my front light back on, and the speedo started its games again, clunk, the penny dropped, off went the light and no more problems.

What followed was a charming ride around Melbourne, Swarkestone and into Weston on Trent, at this point one rider (Mike W) needed to press on and get home, I fancied stretching my legs a little so Paul H and I joined Mike for the sprint* home. The last 9 miles were ridden at an average speed of 18 mph (I can feel it now)

* When I say sprint I actually mean respectable pace.




Distance = 44.2 miles
Time = 3 hrs 20 mins
Ave Speed = 13.2 mph
Top Speed = 33.2 mph
Hillometer = 12.5 ft/mile
Heart Rate High = 186
Heart Rate Ave = 137
Weather = Overcast, 3c

2010
MTB = 15.7
Road Bike = 128.8
Total Mileage = 144.5

No comments:

Post a Comment