Tuesday 3 August 2010

An open reply to @adambird

In reply to this - http://adambird.com/an-open-letter-to-liamhobbs



I have posted this here to give Adam the choice NOT to read it if he wishes.

Firstly I should appologise, I did overstep the mark on my A weight lifted blog, I should not have refered to Adam as an "arrogant jumped up *%&@" in hindsight that was uncalled for.

In danger of been seen to act like a child I must state for the last time that I do not understand how it has come to this, on numerous occasions I have tried to keep positive lines of communication open with Adam despite harsh criticism coming from his direction.  Each attempt of mine to resolve any difference/missunderstanding has been totaly ignored and I have no idea why.  Some people just like to bear a grudge I suppose, this I could understand if there was a valid reason as to why.  Yes my replies via twitter may not be as subtlle as Adam's occasional comments, what can I say I like to be direct.

I am still open to resolving whatever the problem is..... life is too short for this shit.

It has never been in question for me how I would react to Adam at a cycling function, we have a common interest in Beeston CC afterall, it goes without saying that I would be polite and civil, I hope Adam can promise the same.

At no point do I deem any of my behaivour 'threatening' and would like an explanation as to how it could be conceived as such.

Please respect my right to reply.

I would have much more respect for someone who washed their undies in private and not aired them via blogs for all to see, the only reason I respond this way is so Adam doesn't deem it too personal.  I shall make this my last on the subject (unless I do receive a response) to avoid any more accusations of harrasment.

Oh and for the record my response to "Ride ’til your sick" on @bunchcc was delivered as somewhat of an olive branch, it was sincere and with no sarcasm or malice, wish I hadn't of bothered now.....

2 comments:

  1. Having second thoughts on my apology.....

    I do not apologise for calling him "arrogant" or "jumped up"

    But I perhaps shouldn't have been quite so effusive in calling him a "*%&@"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very last I shall say on the subject is that after some time to reflect the open letter, it is clear to me that my 'ironic' twitter comment obviously hit a nerve and provoked this apparent admission of guilt...

    I guess I'll never understand that it is OK to have a pop at some one via public media and then completely close the doors to any kind of communication intended to peacefully resolve the situation...

    ReplyDelete