Wednesday 28 July 2010

A weight lifted

Had a meeting last Sunday morning regarding Beeston CC's website, as I previously blogged I came in for some rather unfair criticism from an arrogant jumped up *%&@ who since then hasn't even had the bollocks to talk to me, anyway enough about that....

After much support from the remainder of the club for which I am truly grateful it was always my intention to hand the website over to someone else who could take it further, it was important though to wait until a good solid offer came in which was best for the club, not just accept the first offer that came along.  We only received two offers, the first of which would have been a backward step, the second which I and others are very pleased with will definitely take the clubs web presence forward.

When I took the site over in difficult circumstances it was always going to be an interim solution, a fact that some people seem to have forgotten.  It would give us 12 months to find and deliver the best possible solution, 12 weeks in and we have found the best solution, we now have 9 months left to deliver, early indications suggest this will actually be achieved well within 9 months of the original 12 month plan.  I would call that a success (if delivered on time) rather than the flop some people may have perceived it to be.

I cant go into too much detail yet as the remainder of the committee need to approve this proposal and then an announcement to the club will be made from the chair, but I am extremely confident that Beeston CC will have the best website of any cycling club in the East Midlands if not the UK.

Once again thanks for the support and kind words from the vast majority of the club, it's been a pleasure to be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment