Thursday 2 September 2010

Whats occuring?

Cycling has been replaced by painting and child care duties, work is a drag, sinister goings on which have happily resulted in two colleagues keeping their jobs but under not so good circumstances.  I have been forced out of my current role at one site into the same role at another, not a huge problem and of course I'll do it, just don't like the circumstances leading up to it.

Been to an interview today for a new role within the same company and am very hopefull after what seemed to me to be a very good interview, just hope I fit the desired criteria.... despite being a slave to a corporate giant I would never go back to self employment, being your own boss and having the responsibilty of others is definately not worth the limited rewards.

The last weeks have seen my family loose another loved one, 'Aunty Dawn' finaly passed away after a 15 year (on and off) battle against cancer.  My Grandmother (83) has lost 3 of her 8 children now, I can not begin to understand how she feels, just the thought of loosing one of mine is unbearable never mind experiencing it 3 times over!  Of course my Dad and his remaining siblings have buried 3 of there own now as well, all ofthem taken far too early.  My heart also goes out to cousins Sandra and Paul right now, I know the loss they are suffering all to well after loosing my mother (54) to cancer as well.

On a brighter note and looking forward, the bike will finally be wheeled out of the shed on Sunday for a 107k Audax ride with Dad, kids bak at school next week and then on Sun 12th I'll be heading out Stoke way on the bike to watch the Tour of Britain.  And hopefully a new job too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment