Tuesday 29 March 2011

Monday 28th March

Yesterday was the first time this year I actually felt like a cyclist of mediocre ability rather than just a fat bloke on a bike.  Went out to Hoby on one of my favourite routes, kept a good pace all the way around.  I'm now able to push harder for 3 hours and above and the heart rate is slowly coming down too, so fitness is at last showing signs of improving.

I'm still not going to get hung up on the science of things, that 'fad' ended after my second or third ride of the year, just get out there and do some quality miles is my motto.

It was not the lumpiest of rides but it was my longest of the year so far and definitely my quickest ride over 50 miles.

Route as below apart from I went to Long Lane (Sawley) via Wilne Lane (Draycott)




Distance = 61 miles
Time = 3 hrs 43 mins
Ave Speed = 16.4 mph
Top Speed = 41.6 mph
Hillometer = 32.6 ft/mile
Max H/R = 184 bpm
Ave H/R = 150 bpm

Weather = Sunny, 14c

2011
Road Bike = 489.8
Single Speed =19.1
Indoor =44.4
Total Mileage = 553.3

No comments:

Post a Comment