Monday 4 April 2011

Monday 4th April

Headed out on the Hoar Cross loop of Burton today, a tougher ride then any I've had this year and the longest at 71 miles, my first over 100km this year.  That climb into Hanbury (Hanbury Hill) doesn't get any easier!  Was quite a brisk westerly wind out there today so I headed west for an easier second half......why does it never work out that way?  I didn't get full wind assistance until about 15 miles from home.

The ride out to Hoar Cross was pleasant and even into the wind I felt good, stopped at Hoar Cross for some 'fuel' and then headed for home, still feeling good.  I hit a low point at around 45 miles, legs felt weak on rolling terrain and the wind was swirling around all directions apart from behind "fucking wind" was the shout from a struggling rider.  After 50-55 miles the 'second wind' kicked in and I was in business, after 60 miles the wind decided to help me and I was cooking on wind generated power.

Today I was Sylvain Cavenel!



Distance = 71.4 miles
Time = 4 hrs 41 mins
Ave Speed = 15.2 mph
Top Speed = 38.2 mph
Hillometer = 35.8 ft/mile
Max H/R = 184 bpm
Ave H/R = 148 bpm

Weather = Overcast, Showers, 12c

2011
Road Bike = 561.2
Single Speed =19.1
Indoor =44.4
Total Mileage = 624.7

No comments:

Post a Comment