Friday 15 July 2011

New Goals

Now I have relieved myself of official duties I am concentrating on a few goals which mean me actually riding my bike and not wasting time arguing about bike clubs...

So what's in store, short term I have set my sights on the Autumn Epic this October, a well renowned sportive set in the Welsh hills.  This event is know to be tough and only the toughest or bloody minded cyclists finish it, I probably fit in the latter of those characters.

No such feat planned for 2012 yet as it will mostly be training for 2013 and the London - Edinburgh - London ride, another ride of monster proportions.  It's as it labelled, London to Edinburgh and back again, in one go, within 5 days, a self reliant 'race' against the distance and conditions, a true test of endurance cycling!

One thing that will hopefully take place next year is a record attempt of a relay ride of John O Groats to Lands End and back again!  I have offered to cycle one of the 45 mile legs.... more to follow.

To achieve these goals I aim to use my Audax UK membership more effectively than I have done in the past and get some rides done!

No comments:

Post a Comment