Friday 15 July 2011

Stepping down from @beestoncc duties

I have decided to stand down from my duties of Membership Sec and 'Web Official' for Beeston CC.

I feel that it is in the best interest of the club and my state of mind that I stand back from official duties.  It has been a pleasure to serve the club.  I have never asked for anything in return, never claimed expenses for the stationary, postage stamps and fuel used in my duties, I have spent hours and hours sat in front of a PC working on the website after a very turbulent time for the club.  I am very grateful for the support and kind comments from the majority of the membership. 

However there is one very small minority who it appears will never be happy until they regain some kind of control over the direction of the club.  Whilst I strongly disagree with this direction and oppose the suggested changes I feel that it would be even more divisive if I continue in my positions.

I am already working on a new project for Beeston CC, getting us recognised by Audax UK is just the start of this.  But for now I just look forward to spending more of my spare time on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment