Monday 27 June 2011

Monday 27 June

50 miles in some hot weather, did set out planning to do 70 but soon changed my mind, very hot and also surprisingly windy.  After a bout 30 miles I just felt empty, fatigued, took plenty of water, brioche, gels, jelly babies, all the usual stuff but today just took it toll on me.  The heat can be blamed for some of it it I'm sure but I think there was more to it that.  Followed pretty much the same route as last week but carried on to Diseworth and then on to Kegworth for the route home.  Felt tough out there, tougher than it should have.  Don't want to start over analysing it yet, you never know it could be exhaustion from all those races I've not been winning or sportives I fall off on ;)

Distance = 50.2 miles
Time = 3 hrs 09 mins
Ave Speed = 16 mph
Top Speed = 33.8 mph
Hillometer = 29.3 ft/mile
Max H/R = 190
Ave H/R = 160
Weather = Sunny, 28c

2011
Road Bike = 1120.3
Single Speed = 48.3*
Fixed = 16
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 1229

*edited for commute

No comments:

Post a Comment