Monday 20 June 2011

An open response to @adambird

I have chosen not to use the clubs forum to reply to your interesting thread titled 'Commitment' as this would not be of benefit to the club, I would however like to address a few points....

"I'm not about to rake up the past and challenge versions of events because that benefits no-one. At the time I deliberately backed away from challenging any further after an initial voicing of my opinion because of the reaction it received. This did not stop an increasing level of intimidating behaviour directed at me that only ceased when action was taken by Judy in her role as club Welfare Officer."

Is this not in fact raking up the past, mentioning something that happened well over a year ago?

It is only a matter of opinion and not fact that you were subject to 'intimidating behaviour'.  Any behaviour directed at you was a direct result of provocation by you publicly berating my efforts with public comments such as "I stood back and watched you throw my hard work away" .

Lets not forget that the current website was born out of the fact that you at the last minute withdrew your offer of creating and hosting a new website which other people had spent time and effort assisting you in the design and listening to your proposals in their own time.  We the committee (at the time) were extremely grateful for your efforts and were very happy with the proposed website you had created.  Then in the 11th hour you pulled out citing work commitments as your reason for not being able to continue.  That I can understand, we all have lives away from Beeston CC, but please forgive me for feeling a little shy as we have already been bitten once! This I am sure is where the mentioned concern stems from, funny you don't mention that in your piece written on the forums!

"The most important aspect is that we're part of the new wave of cycling clubs in the country and complete access to the Bunch Rides application puts us at the forefront of that movement."

You speak of a new wave of cycling, is this what the majority of Beeston CC want?  BCC is no longer the same club you helped get of the ground, it has evolved beyond a small group of like minded folk into a diverse range of membership, we don't all share the same vision as yourself.

I like the fact the club is different to the traditional cycling club and the fact that the members arrange ad-hoc rides, the members drive the club, not the club driving the members.  I personally do not feel that the club needs to be a part of a 'bigger movement' it already achieves what the majority of its membership require.

In short I understand your need to express your commitment but find the way you have chosen to do so quite unsavoury.  Employing 'dirty tactics' to perhaps try and discredit myself and therefore the clubs current website, very good!  If you like that kind of thing.....

If you feel the need to continue to provoke me please carry on to do so, just don't feel too disappointed if I fail to make as bigger fool of myself as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment