Saturday 4 June 2011

Saturday 4 June, Peak Ride

Took a ride into the Peak this morning via Crich, Cromford and up Via Gellia, this proved much easier than the profile suggests.  From the top of Via Gellia I headed to Fenny Bently to see the family who are camping there for the weekend whilst I'm at work.  After a quick refuel I continued down into Ashbourne, then back up out of it!  Took the lanes back from Ashbourne to Keddleston, Little Eaton and Drum Hill, man that is hard after 60 HILLY miles, from Drum it was home through Spondon, Draycott, Long Eaton.  Bonked in Draycott, the last 3 1/2 miles were murder!

Really enjoyed this ride, a tough workout with over 6,500 ft of climbing, the weather was warm.  Via Gellia is one of those on my list, so glad I've chalked it off, would be nice to come back down it some time though.  Next trip that way I will be tackling a couple of the 100 climbs in Matlock.



Distance = 73.8 miles
Time = 5 hrs 34 mins
Ave Speed = 13.2 mph
Top Speed = 45.6 mph
Hillometer = 90 ft/mile
Max H/R = 193
Ave H/R = 159

Weather = Sunny, Breezy 18c

2011
Road Bike = 986.2
Single Speed = 38.5
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 1069.1

No comments:

Post a Comment