Tuesday 9 September 2008

Currently working on..........

I'm currently working on getting my cadence up to an average of around 90 rpm, anyone who knows a little about cycling will know that this benefits greatly especially in endurance events as well as every day riding. Lance Armstrong used to cycle at around 110 rpm +

At first I was unsure that peddling faster would actually make things easier but how wrong was I.

I aim for around 90 rpm whilst on the flat, this I will increase over time, my average is being brought down whilst off road and coasting down hills. Maybe I'll never hit an average of 90 rpm but if I can get well into the 80's I'm sure I'll feel the benefits. In 1 month I've upped my average from 70 to around 76 so I'm heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment