Monday 1 March 2010

Sunday 28th Februaury *Road*

A bad ride for me today, I was planning on a 50 miler around Loughborough yesterday, rode to the meeting point point and unsurprisingly due to cold weather and poor forcast no one was there to meet me, so I headed out on a shorter route incorporating the clubs 'Hilly route'

Didn't feel great at the start but after the first two hills my condition went downhill fast, I felt awful, weak drained and sick so decided to take the flatest route home, it was the worst hour I've ever experienced on a bike.

I now need to look at my preperation before a ride, I have been eating porridge which os a slow energy releaser so not great for the first hour or so of a ride, but thats never really bothered me before, I carry gels and a protien drink so can top myself up when out. I've an idea it could be the wine consumed the night before (as I do most Saturday nights) so I'll knock that on the head next week. Of course I could have simply been 'under par' yesterday, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of 'prep' work is there.





Distance = 26.7 miles
Time = 1 hrs 59 mins
Ave Speed = 13.4 mph
Top Speed = 30.8 mph
Hillometer = 25.9 ft/mile
Heart Rate High = 183
Heart Rate Ave = 130
Weather = Overcast, 2c

2010
MTB = 73.3
Road Bike = 155.5
Total Mileage = 228.8

Out with Beeston CC's chaingaing tomorrow night for the first time, although I'll be with the 'slower' group I hope I dont disgrace myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment