Wednesday 19 May 2010

Wednesday 19th May *Road*

Did a variant of my Hilton - Etwall route but with a few lumps in the first 15 miles through Kegworth and Melbourne, first hour was 14.2 mph ave, the target was 16.8mph as I was aiming for a 50 mile PB, second hour went better, the ave speed was up to 16.5mph for the two hours and things were looking as if it was back on. Head down for a TT style ride home averaging over 21mph, including a scary moment when some daft old bag in a Freelander pulled across the road in front of me! The 50 mile mark came at 1hr 49 mins and 39 secs, over 6 mins off my PB and in total I covered 52.7 miles in 2hrs 59 mins so I pushed my 3 hr distance record up as well.

I found turning with a higher cadence much better especially when the upper legs began to ache, I have been trying to keep a higher cadence since coming back into cycling but as with most things standards slip over time, but today was a concentrated effort on the cadence and it paid dividends, a good personal reminder.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Distance = 52.7 miles
Time = 2 hrs 59 mins
Ave Speed = 17.6 mph
Top Speed = 37.6 mph
Hillometer = 12.7 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast, 18c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 1262.7
Total Mileage = 1351.9

No comments:

Post a Comment