Tuesday 11 January 2011

3.5 Hours Zone 2 *Road*

Well zone 2 was the plan until only 2 miles in my HR monitor went tits up and only gave intermittent readings, so whilst it was working I was in zone 2, whilst it wasn't I was guessing, not the best start to this new regime.

Zone 2(ish) riding was quite a shock to the system and the uneducated in 'training' I had to crawl up hills to keep my HR down.  Zone riding also does nothing for your ave speed, 13.7mph is well down on what I'd expect for that ride.  Something about taking it easy to get fit doesn't seem logical to me, I'm sure the brain will get used to it in time.

So the ride itself was a familiar roll to Etwall and back via Castle Donnington, Melbourne & Repton, 49 miles in all. Even the sun put in an appearance for half an hour, a very brief taster of things to come this summer hopefully.  49 miles after the best part of 4 month without doing a great deal, even in zone 2 the legs and rear quarters are feeling it. 





Distance = 48.9 miles
Time = 3 hrs 33 mins
Ave Speed = 13.7
Top Speed = 29.4
Hillometer = 28.9 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast, 6c

2011
Road Bike = 48.9
Single Speed = 8.1
Indoor =44.4
Total Mileage = 101.4

No comments:

Post a Comment