Friday 6 May 2011

Game plan coming together

Should I pass my test next week I have just about got my game plane together.  After meeting with several franchisors I have come to a decision on which one I will be signing to and pending a test drive on Monday morning I have also made a decision on which vehicle I will be using.

My head has finally taken over the search for a car and although the Citroen DS3 is a very smart piece of kit which will no doubt pull a good few punters in I have to be aware of the costing side of things.  As anyone in business will know you need to to be especially frugal in your first few years of setting up, so my head says a cheaper but just as capable car is needed.....


The Seat Ibiza sport coupe (3 door hatchback in anyone else's language) SE Ecomotive Copa 1.2tdi, built by VW (based on the Polo chassis) comes in £1500 cheaper than the DS3, is much more economical and feels much roomier inside.  The road tax is free for life (until the government change their minds again) and my local Seat garage are also offering a much fairer valuation on my px.  Seat are also offering a 7 -10 delivery, far more agreeable than the 6 -12 weeks offered by Citroen!

So bar a stunning quote coming in on the costs of a Fiesta 1.4 D Zetec and a poor test drive in the Seat it looks like the decision is made.

All this of course will be of no use if I don't get through the bloody test!

No comments:

Post a Comment