Monday 16 May 2011

Monday 16th May - Burton Blast

First ride for a couple of weeks due to driving revision, and the only one I'll get until after my test next week (although I might squeeze a TT in next Tuesday).  Took the 63 mile Burton Loop, out to Hilton via Weston on Trent and then across to Tutbury, before heading south to Barton under Needwood, that is where the windy conditions finally gave me some assistance, 33 miles in and finally a sniff of a tail wind.

The tailwind was most welcome but this ride unlike many other routes I do is actually hillier in the second half, still a decent time of 4 hours and 1 minute with an ave speed of 15.7mph wasn't bad considering the conditions.  Pushed it reasonably hard today as I wanted a good work out given my inactivity, the legs and buttocks are definitely feeling it now, can't wait for the next one, but for now I must get back to my instructor revision in preparation for next Thursday.




Distance = 63.4 miles
Time = 4 hrs 01 mins
Ave Speed = 15.7 mph
Top Speed = 34.9 mph
Hillometer = 35.1 ft/mile
Max H/R = 186
Ave H/R = 160

Weather = Windy, Overcast, 16c

2011
Road Bike = 836.7
Single Speed = 31.9
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 913

No comments:

Post a Comment