Sunday 22 May 2011

Sunday 22 May - Newton Solney loop

Home alone this weekend so the opportunity to get out early for a shorter than usual ride (had to be home for 10).  Headed towards Burton again as it was very windy this morning and I like the tailwind coming home!

For the first 10 miles I really struggled, I felt crap, the headwind was battering me, times like you wonder why you do it..... as my body got into it things got better, the headwind didn't drop but I was pushing into it now!  By the time I'd reached the turning point with the westerly wind I was well into it and motoring along.  I hit the top of Kings Lane and turned right for Newton Solney, I was flying! Times like that you know why you do it!  There's nothing better for me than getting your head down with a tailwind, I was pushing 30 mph on the flat at times, did overcook it a little though heading up the slight drag from Borrowash to Risley, by the time I was through Breaston and Long Eaton I was running out of puff, still pulling 25mph though :)

Close to home I was passed by a certain Adam Bird, now I know Iv'e made progress because I didn't have any urge to push him off ;) I jest, all that is long gone now.

Today I rode for Angie x



Distance = 43.7 miles
Time = 5 hrs 45 mins
Ave Speed = 15.9 mph
Top Speed = 38.0 mph
Hillometer = 39.6 ft/mile
Max H/R = 186
Ave H/R = 151

Weather = Windy, Overcast/Sunny Spells, 12c

2011
Road Bike = 880.4
Single Speed = 31.9
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 956.7

No comments:

Post a Comment