Friday 18 June 2010

Friday 18th June *Road*

Didn't set out to attack the hilly route today but on the climb out of Sandiacre the legs felt good, I fancied a PB :) I paced myself up No Mans Lane (Stanton) so as not to burn out early and the ride was steady to Cloves, this I pushed a little harder than usual and felt good at the top, things were going really well now.

The sky was looking gloomy ahead but not to threatening or so I thought, just as I pass the sign for Morley wallop, the sky's opened.... OK I can cope with this, it's not enough yet to spoil the descent from Cloves and I can cope with this up to the top of Drum, I'm figuring the rain will keep things cooler. So long as the roads are dry through Stanton it'll be OK.

Felt good up drum as well and the time was looking good, the PB was on, just need dry roads for the drops through Dale Abbey and Stanton. Cat & Fiddle Lane was a breeze, well it's not the hardest of hills is it but the rain was not easing, in fact the roads and I were well and truly soaked.

Had to take it easy into Dale Abbey and down No Mans Lane as well as round the golf course at Stanton, this could ruin the PB, gave it full TT mode through Stapleford, too much, Toton Lane had to paced I'd TT'd a little too much, drop into Toton, full gas again, pulled up at the lights (my finish line) and anxiously looked at the computer............1hr 50mins 27 secs, YES! another 2 minutes off my PB and it could have been quicker with dry roads, well pleased with todays effort :)

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Distance = 30.1 miles
Time = 1 hrs 51 mins
Ave Speed = 16.1 mph
Top Speed = 37.2 mph
Hillometer = 39.0 ft/mile

Weather = Rain, 16c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 1518.7
Total Mileage = 1607.9

No comments:

Post a Comment