Tuesday 22 June 2010

Monday 21st June *Road*

Caught up with an old friend yesterday, it's about a year since I last rode with Aiden, since then he's broken his back in an MTB accident and is now on the road to recovery and the Road is now his preferred method of cyclecise. I headed to his place for a gentle spin round Burton, or so I thought, Aiden introduced me to Greysich Hill, thanks mate! What a testing little climb that is, one to add to my future routes.

It was a steady 40 miles in which Aiden proved his recovery is well on track, he certainly wasn;t the the slouch he thought he was. The ride itself was very pleasant with a few climbs, but the steady pace didn't push me too much so it was comfortable all the way really, apart from Greysich which was only 3 or 4 miles into the ride so the legs hadn't warmed up by that point.

Same time next week but at my place, I'll show Aiden 50 miles of Leicestershire this time.



Distance = 39.8 miles
Time = 2 hrs 36 mins
Ave Speed = 15.3 mph
Top Speed = 37.3 mph
Hillometer = 52.5 ft/mile

Weather = Sunny, 23c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 1558.5
Total Mileage = 1647.7

No comments:

Post a Comment