Thursday 24 June 2010

Thursday 24th June 2010

It's been a while since I headed Repton way so I was pleasantly surprised with the amount my fitness seems to have improved since I did this route, the hill out of Kegworth normally tackled in the 30-24 rings was taken on with relative ease in the 39-26, wow! I didn't have to drop it into the 'granny' ring, the next hill at Breedon was a similar story, I could sense a 50 mile PB here and it wasn't a flat course!

The remainder of the ride was pleasant and at a good pace (around 19mph ave) and at no point was it uncomfortable, at the 50 mile point I took just over a minute off my PB and added half a mile to the 3hr distance PB. All in all an excellent ride, must do the 50 mile flatter route soon and see if I can bring it in under 2, 3/4 hrs, for now though I have my sights set on a 10 mile TT PB tomorrow.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Distance = 53.5 miles
Time = 3 hrs 02 mins
Ave Speed = 17.7 mph
Top Speed = 36.5 mph
Hillometer = 29.5 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast, 21c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 1612
Total Mileage = 1701.2

No comments:

Post a Comment