Wednesday 30 June 2010

Wednesday 30th June *Road*

Woke up this morning feeling the effects of a bad throat coming on, great! 12 days to go until c2c, lets hope it passes by pretty quickly.  Whilst writing bad throat on my twitter feed it made me think whats the difference between a bad throat or a cold to a 'virus', athletes and other sports people have 'virus's' us mere mortals have a good old common cold or sore throat.  Perhaps I'm think it wrong maybe I do have a 'virus' would that make me an athlete?

Any hoo with the thought of an impending 'virus' and the c2c I scaled back my plans for today a little and partook in a 43 mile bimble round the old favourite, Castle Donington, Melbourne, Ticknall, Newton Solney, Repton, Foremark, Ingleby, Swarkestone, Weston, Aston, Elvaston, Risley route.  Didn't push anything hard today although I did try to maintain a good tempo on the hills with good effect, I could however feel the effects of the 'virus' ..... sorry, bad throat/cold.

That's it for this week 140 miles in the bank.  New BB fitted yesterday and a new wheel set to be purchased tomorrow and fitted Friday.  After numerous good reports from Beeston CC   I have decided to go for the Mavic Aksiums.  Once fitted I'll have a few shorter easy tempo runs next week to bed them in, fingers crossed there will be no problems.

Todays Route

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com


Distance = 43.4 miles
Time = 2 hrs 36 mins
Ave Speed = 16.6 mph
Top Speed = 37.6 mph
Hillometer = 39.7 ft/mile

Weather = Sunny, 25c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 1784.1
Total Mileage = 1873.3

No comments:

Post a Comment