Thursday 21 April 2011

Choices choices

When I pass my part 3 exam (hopefully at the 1st attempt in 3 weeks time) I will have a big choice to make.....which option do I take regards who do I franchise to as an ADI.  I have selected the best options for me from either a national school with a car included in the franchise fee, or a local school with a much lower franchise fee and the need to supply my own car.  The national school in some ways is the safer option, the car is maintained for me and if it breaks down it is replaced within 6 hours, go with my own car and such luxuries will only come at additional cost.  The plus side to the local school and own car is that I will eventually acquire a asset (the car) and it will pay better dividends in the short and longer term.

My heart says go local and get my own car, a little bit of my brain says go with the slightly less risky option for a while whilst I get myself settled in to my new career.  I know which way I'll probably go and I want it clear in my mind for the 13th May because if I pass that test I'll be chomping at the bit to get going ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment