Monday 11 April 2011

Monday 11th April

Was intending on a longer ride today out to Carsington but time restraints held me back so I headed out with a clubmate on a 50 mile hill fest.  Unfortunately he had to bail out after Spanker Lane and I continued on to Holly Lane, christ that doesnt get any easier, about killed me!  At the top of Holly I realised time was passing by and I had to further cut the ride short to 50 miles to get home in time.  So a hilly ride taking in No Mans Lane, Cloves, Spanker, Holly and Drum. 

Struggling to get my required average of 100 miles per week at the moment so it would be easy to pick easier rides with more miles but thats not going to get me fitter or improve me as a cyclist so I'll keep mixing things up including hilly stuff every now and then and not get hung up on the mileage.

The only downside to the day was getting stung by a wasp just under my eyebrow, still stinging now!



Distance = 49.7 miles
Time = 3 hrs 43 mins
Ave Speed = 13.4 mph
Top Speed = 37.5 mph
Hillometer = 68 ft/mile
Max H/R = 188 bpm
Ave H/R = 144 bpm

Weather = Overcast, Sunny Spells, 15c

2011
Road Bike = 610.9
Single Speed = 19.1
Indoor = 44.4
Total Mileage = 674.4

No comments:

Post a Comment