Monday 25 April 2011

Home Growing

Not a new thing to me but something that now needs more thought than previously as space is now at a premium now the allotment has gone.  Last year the garden was neglected as the allotment took over my time, so it's been hard graft to get the garden back into shape. 

Took a final trip to the allotment on Saturday to empty my shed and bring a few plants and trees home from plot 71.  I've created a couple of new growing areas in the garden and given the existing veg plot a good digging over,  Gooseberry's and raspberry's have been planted along with some rhubarb (all from the allotment), one of my favourites the courgette is planted out and seeds aplenty have been sown, salad stuff and veg!

Veg plot, beyond No 11's Gate
Kelly's strawberries have been tidied up and are looking very healthy with plenty of flowers on them so here's hoping for plenty of fruit from them.  Staying with fruit an apple and a pear tree have been relocated to my garden as well.

*Beyond No. 11's Gate ~ I needed a gate to keep the chickens off the veg plot as they are very destructive on nicely dug soil, on my quest for a gate I was given an old gate by Kelly's grandma which used to stand at the the front of her garden, its only a gate but it's old and full of character, they certainly don't make them like that any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment