Saturday 16 April 2011

Final Allotment Post

The decision to give up my allotment was a tough one, especially after all the graft I put in last year getting it into shape, but one previous job change and another coming up I really do not see where I will get the time to keep a full allotment up to standard.  Already this year it has reached an awful state, one which I don't have the time (or the inclination at the moment) to sort out. 

Ive been up there today to get a few bits out of the shed and will be popping back this week to dig out a few plants/trees for the garden at home, and one of the lads up there is going to 'auction' off the greenhouse and slabs that are on site for me, so at least I'll recoup some costs.

I'll miss my little plot of land, it really did help me through some stressful times over the last year or so, somewhere to go and get away from it all.  Hopefully one day in the future I will be able to take on a plot or half a plot again, not for the foreseeable though.

No comments:

Post a Comment