Thursday 23 February 2012

1/365 - A year in my life

Inspired by my friend Aiden's attempt to blog daily for 365 days on his Getting There blog I am going to also give this a try, after a slightly shaky start Aiden's blogging is maturing daily and after the first few days of thinking this isn't going to work I am now hooked on his daily updates. I'm sure my first few attempts will be somewhat awkward but I am hoping mine too will mature into mostly interesting reading, or maybe not....who knows?

So what can you expect, well probably some grumpy bits, that is me after all, you'll also be subjected to plenty of cycling related ramblings as well as some bits about my attempts to run a half marathon this summer (I'll save that story for another day when I'm struggling to blog something) maybe a bit about my very poor pool playing. I am hoping that my quite poor writing ability will develop over the next 365 days, I've never really got the hang of this blogging malarkey so this really could be quite painful for the readers (if there are any) I apologise now for my mundane ramblings.

I will also try to add a photo from every day of the next year, don't expect too much but at least it will bring a little colour if nothing else to these pages.

Today's picture is of a beer brewed with honey which I am sampling, a cheap offering from Lidl as I like to drink on a budget.  As a honey lover this one caught my eye and I must admit it hasn't failed to impress, quite a smooth ale with a definite hint of honey.  Each week during our family shop I usually sneak off to see what 'different' beers or ciders are on offer, and I have to say that despite the budget supermarket I have been treated to some real delights.

Also on 'Day 1' I have partaken in a rather splendid bike ride which can be read about here

No comments:

Post a Comment