Thursday 23 February 2012

Thursday 23 February

It's been a while since I rode outdoors, nearly a month in fact, cold weather, snow and a dodgy knee and hamstring have all conspired against me.  Well the knee and hamstring seem to be on the mend, I've managed three 5 mile runs in the last 10 days with no problems, so fingers crossed.  And the weather (for now) has definitely improved, 15c and sunny out there today in February!

So it's high time I got out there and put some miles in, 63 of them....  an old favourite route of mine the Burton Loop.  It was a pleasure to feel the sun on my skin again, indeed I'll claim my first tan points of the season I think.  Took it pretty steady but felt good, the (almost) 2 stone I've lost since last summer really is making things easier.  It started of mild and cloudy but by the time I reached Rangemore on the western side of Burton the sun was out and was really quite warm, I felt warm anyway as up to the that point I been battling a headwind all the way, a few more miles to the turn at Barton Under Needwood and I'd be wind assisted pretty much all the way home.  And with the wind giving me a gentle push home I sat up a little and just enjoyed the day, faster rides will come in the summer, for today it was all about enjoying myself.




Distance = 102.4 km
Time = 3 hrs 52 mins
Ave Speed = 26.4 kph
Ascent = 807 (m/km = 8.1)

2012
Road Bike = 611.7 km
Indoor = 263.5 km
Ran = 55 km
Total = 930.2 km

No comments:

Post a Comment