Tuesday 28 February 2012

6/366

Finally finished my probationary period at Warburtons, glad to say I have been accepted and will be receiving my permanent contract, it was a formality really seeing as I've been working on my own now since before Christmas but still a relief to have have actually signed the induction period off.

Church lake, Attenborough Nature Reserve 2009
So how did I celebrate this?  A drink at the pub? A spot of lunch? .... No, a 6 mile run!

I began running last November as a more time efficient way of exercising, and it's easier to go for a run in the winter than get myself and the bike ready for a ride. 

After a few niggles with the hamstring and knee in my left leg I am now going well, in fact I've not looked back since starting.  Much of my weight loss can be attributed to running. 

It's hard to believe I couldn't run 100 metres this time last year without getting out of breath and giving up, I'm now able to run 10k's and still feel as if I could go further.  As with most things I try I have set myself goals for running, a 10k event at Wollaton Hall is my first event, just as a taster really to organised runs.  Then I would like to do a half marathon, after that I suppose the obvious progression would be to try a full distance marathon.  

Today's pic with Attenborough Nature Reserve in mind is of the lake by the church with my old mtb in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment