Saturday 25 February 2012

3/366

Back into work after my two rest days, I still can't get used to starting work on random days of the week, but the random days off can make up for that.  Mr angry came out to play for a few moments today during an altercation with a taxi driver.  I was reversing my 36ft lorry into a side road to serve a shop, as I pulled past the road it was clear so I proceeded to reverse in.  As I'm turning in a taxi flies up to the junction and just sits there leaving me half in/half out with nowhere to go.  After a short stand off I point out to the driver what I am trying to do and he just sits there refusing to allow me to continue.  A minute passes by and the stand off continues, I'm starting to get a little excited by now, taxi man still refusing to reverse up.  What do I do? Two choices.... drive out of the road thus giving in or park up on the junction and make my delivery..... those that know me will know I chose the latter.

I just shrugged my shoulders as I passed the taxi rather than get in a row with a bloody great advertising hoard in the shape of a lorry behind me.  The shopkeeper was amazed at the taxi driver, I wish I could say the same, but sadly there seem to be a large section of taxi drivers who appear to think they know best and drive to their own set of rules.  Ready for some abuse from the driver on my way back to the truck and I see him finally budging and gingerly making his way around my truck.  Altercation avoided but my point made I feel.

This afternoon Robert and I were at Meadow Lane to see Notts County for the second time this week, this time courtesy of some free tickets from Roberts friend who was a mascot for today's game against Chesterfield.  The game was by no means a classic but to 1-0 scoreline in County's favour was a fair reflection on the game.  And for a change the officials weren't too bad which was refreshing, I was beginning to wonder how the match officials were still in a job at this level, the last few matches we have seen the linesmen seemed to be making wild guesses at what was happening.

Noticed a flaw in my '365' plan, it's a leap year this year, so from now on it's a '366' plan....

No comments:

Post a Comment