Saturday 31 July 2010

Saturday 31st July *Road*

Longest ride to date almost, 78 miles.  Set out on a 70 mile ride but felt good with 10 miles to go so added a loop round to Kegworth to the end to up it to 77.8

Definitely feeling the benefit of not riding hard for a couple of weeks, my aim is to hit the 100 by the end of the season, it was a goal for this year but things didn't go as planned and I missed the club Challenge ride.  So started my build up to the ton this morning and it was pleasing to get closer to 80 than the planned 70.  Everything felt great all the way round until about 73 miles when I momentarily hit a low spot, I felt empty for a little while, turned my mind to positive thoughts though and pushed through until the end, felt resonably fresh again by the time I got home.

Not many hills on todays route but I'm still pleased with my work on the slopes, using much fewer gears these days.  Hanbury Hill was a tester this morning, short and steep and the first real hill of the day, a few months ago I'd have really struggled with stuff like that, now I'm pushing to go faster on hills like that.

All in all a very pleasant ride (apart from when I had to turn round due to a farmer closing the road to move his cows) which saw a new 100k PB of 3hrs and 47 mins, also pleased to achieve the distance, 80+ next week :)

 



Distance = 77.8 miles
Time = 4 hrs 44 mins
Ave Speed = 16.5 mph
Top Speed = 37.5 mph
Hillometer = 35.9 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast, 17c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 2243.1
Single Speed = 22.5
Total Mileage = 2354.8

No comments:

Post a Comment