Sunday 18 July 2010

Sunday 18th July *Road*

Out at 6am this morning as I have babysitting duties for the rest of the day, the early starts don't bother me, infact I enjoy being out on the bike before the rest of the country gets up and out.  Weather was a bit dank this morning, got caught in a few light showers but nothing to detract from the ride.
Tour of Loughborough again today but this time including Beacon Hill, the highest point in Leicestershire, it is about a mile long from the village of Woodhouse Eves wich was reached from a short stint of cyclo X through the Beacon Park estate.  You can follow the road to W/Eaves but it brings you out part way up Beacon Hill.  Beacon Hill itself is not hugely steep but as said is about a mile in length.

The legs felt more like themselves today allthough the headwind  slowed things a little, at the top of Beacon Hill against the wind 26 miles in and I was ready for home, the ride gets easier from that point though, 53 miles in and almost home I felt as though I could have gone on for more, infact I would of done had I not had to be back for babysitting duties.  A good ride!

I was also able to push up inclines on theway home without getting out of breath as I used to, I can really feel my fitness coming on, the c2c has also given me the confidence that I can acheive larger rides including big hills.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Distance = 53.2 miles
Time = 3 hrs 24 mins
Ave Speed = 15.6 mph
Top Speed = 37.0 mph
Hillometer = 39.5 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast/Showers, 14c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 2110.4
Single Speed = 0.8
Total Mileage = 2200.4

No comments:

Post a Comment