Thursday 15 July 2010

So what next?

So my main focus for getting back on a bike was to complete the c2c, that's now in the bag so what next?

Well there are many 'want to do's' on the list, Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Etape du Tour, numerous well renowned sportives in the UK and LEJOG, I'd even consider a sub 12 hour  c2c.

Project wise I have the Peugeot to do up, that's looking like a winter project though to be honest.

This years target of 5000 miles is looking unlikely, I will have a six week setback in the shape of the school holidays soon, this will cut my cycling down somewhat.  The slow start to the year due to poor weather did not help either, but I shall push on and see what I can acheive this year, 4000 wouldn't be so bad I suppose.

So what is next........ well for this year it will be completing my first 100 miler, there are a few sportive options for this that I am considering, but the 100 is a definate target for 2010.  Longer term, LEJOG is a must, not sure when though, Ventoux & D'Huez?  They are going nowhere, I'll get round to them sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment