Thursday 15 July 2010

Thursday 15th July *Road*

Been meaing to do a club favourite for a while now, Frenchies 'Tour de Loughborough' has become a regular run for Beeston CC members of late and I have been planning on doing it for a while.  I was due to set out towards Hoby again but on getting up this morning and seeing the strong gusts I thought it wise to come home with the wind behind, The 49 mile Tour de Loughborough fitted the bill perfectly.

A nice ride all on roads I have covered before but not in one ride, the legs struggled a little on the hills (I say hills, they were little inclines compared to Monday and Tuesdays) and it was a real struggle into the headwind which was gusting at over 20mph, once I had peaked at Beacon Hill near Loughborough it was down virtually all the way home.  I set off in winter gear in mid July but by the time I had reached Mountsorrel the sun was blazing and it was time to strip off the leg and arm warmers.  Nearer to home the roads told me that they had had a good soaking, I'd avoidedthe heavy showers too, bonus!  Today was a recovery ride from the c2c so it was taken very easily, especially the few hills.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Distance = 49.0 miles
Time = 3 hrs 6 mins
Ave Speed = 15.8 mph
Top Speed = 37.6 mph
Hillometer = 36.7 ft/mile

Weather = Overcast/Sunny Spells, 16c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 2057.2
Single Speed = 0.8
Total Mileage = 2147.2

No comments:

Post a Comment