Wednesday 21 July 2010

Wednesdsay 21st July *Road*

Took a new route which starts out the same as the hilly course, through Dale Abbey, the early hills went really well, no granny ring out of Sandiacre, did resort to it on No Mans Lane though.  After Dale Abbey I headed to Ockbrook and then on past Elvaston Castle and onto a familiar stretch through Aston & Weston on Trent, Swarkestone, Milton.

From Milton I headed to Greysich Lane, a riding friend of mine uses this as his 'measure', I've tackled both ascents of this hill but only once, today I took on the harder side of the hill and cruised it, don't get me wrong it wasn't easy, but it was nowhere near as bad as it was the first time I did it.

After Greysich it was off to Heath Lane, one of my 'measures', again I was very pleased with my ride up Heath Lane, the humidity of today didn't help but it was completed with me feeling comfortable at the top.  The hard work was done now, a quick ride through the grounds of Calke Abbey and then headed home through Breedon, Kegworth and along Long Lane.

The ride felt good, I pushed it a little at times and make an effort to keep getting out of the saddle for shorter hills.  Still feeling quite positive with my cycling right now, shame the summer holidays are just round the corner, that will slow my cycling down somewhat with two kids to look after, the aim is to get them out on the bikes in the holidays :)

                                                                        Calke Abbey




Distance = 54.9 miles
Time = 3 hrs 25 mins
Ave Speed = 16.0 mph
Top Speed = 39.5 mph
Hillometer = 49.5 ft/mile

Weather = Sunny Spells, 24c

2010
MTB = 89.2
Road Bike = 2165.3
Single Speed = 8.7 *edited 27/7/10
Total Mileage = 2263.2

No comments:

Post a Comment