Tuesday 6 April 2010

Tuesday 6th April *Road*

After a two week lay off partially due to the darlings being off school I got my final training run for my first Audax ride in today, 100k's of steady riding with 20 mph side winds 80% of the way. The wind did get tiresome especially on the second half of the ride but it's all good training I suppose.

Broke another PB today, my best 100k time is now 3 hrs & 54 mins, as the last PB this was not intended but welcomed as a sign of steady improvement.

Another observation from today's ride is that my heart rate ave and max seemed much lower than normal, I must admit I didn't really push it today but didn't expect to see the max 30 lower than on a normal ride. Is it a sign of improving fitness or just a one off? Time will tell.....

Today's ride was almost the same as the Burton Loop I did with Mike a few weeks ago but the other way around with some quieter roads.



Distance = 62.1 miles
Time = 3 hrs 55 mins
Ave Speed = 15.8 mph
Top Speed = 36.6 mph
Hillometer = 18.6 ft/mile
Heart Rate High = 158
Heart Rate Ave = 120
Weather = Overcast, 10c

2010
MTB = 73.3
Road Bike = 475.9
Total Mileage = 549.2

So Sunday see's my first Audax ride, a 110k run around North Leicestershire, will be starting a ride with my Dad for the first time, not sure we'll finish together though, don't want to hold the old boy up, really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment