Tuesday 6 March 2012

13/366

Sudbury Hall
First ride in over a week, took a new route over to Doveridge via Duffield, Kedleston and nowhere else really, very quiet lanes of South Derbyshire towards Uttoxeter.  The section from Long Lane through to Doveridge really was beautiful, did myself proud with the route planning.  Of course the unbroken sunshine helped matters, a cold start was rewarded by wall to wall sunnyness for everyone of today's 108 kilometres.

I stopped at Sudbury Hall (above) to chomp my banana and fruit loaf seeing as I had full gloves on today and didn't fancy eating with them on.  Sudbury is where our good friends Emma and Andy got married last year, despite the early rain it was a truly magical day and it was a honour to be able to share it with them, as we have done many special moments since (Black Eyed Peas been my favourite) and I'm sure we will do in the future.

The only problem with stopping to eat is that I usually struggle to get going again, not today though, I was straight back into it and felt good all the way home from Sudbury via familiar roads around Repton, Swarkestone, Aston & Weston on Trent & Shardlow.

My stamina has certainly improved this year, I'm quite sure this is down to the running that I have been doing over the winter.  Hills don't take it out of me like they did last year, that'll be the running and the weight lost.  I'm in the best shape I ever have been, problem is weight loss seems to be addictive, I have lowered my target twice now!


Distance = 108.5 km
Time = 4 hrs 17 mins
Ave Speed = 25.2 kph
Ascent = 1088m (10.1 m/km)

2012
Road Bike = 771.7 km
Indoor = 313.5 km
Ran = 83.4 km
Total = 1168.6 km

I fancy a crack at the Hilly TT course tomorrow, not necessarily to put a good time in but more just to see how I go.  I reckon I can take 5 minutes of my PB this year, maybe a little ambitious but its a challenging target.

Getting the blog in early today as we have company this evening, it may not be a late one but there will be plenty of pots to sort out after.

No comments:

Post a Comment