Sunday 18 March 2012

25/366

Mixed bag of thoughts today, last day of 6 at work today, that's always a good thing.  And being at work got me off the hook with Mothers day duties this morning, the kids had to fend for themselves this year in spoiling their mother, I've still to hear if they did a good job, it doesn't look good though as when I got home Kelly was cooking lunch....  Whilst on Mothers day, I have of course spared a thought for my Mum this morning as well as those I know who will be missing their Mums today.  Not only should we think of those missing their Mums, we should also spare a thought for those Mums missing their children today.

I apologise in advance for this but I must have a rant about taxi drivers, this morning I witnessed several pieces of bad driving from taxi'ists, from middle lane hogging on an empty motorway at 03:30 to driving in the dark with no lights (I kid you not).  It really does piss me off that these professional drivers drive to such a low standard, I know they have to take tests to get a taxi licence but does their driving actually get assessed?

F1 is back, and yet again I'm giving it another chance after a boring season last year, and given the fact that I refuse to pay for Sky's services I am now limited to watching highlights of half of the races it was a close call to not bothering with it at all this year.  But, I thought I'd give it a shot, I avoided the result all morning and settled in for the extended highlights on the beeb.  Great to see Jenson winning, by far my favourite driver on the current F1 grid, and also good to see Williams back in some kind of form and other teams mixing it up, there seems to have been a closing of the gap between the better and worse teams over the winter.  Hopefully this year will provide a closer competition and a second title for Jenson!

MOT day for my motor tomorrow so fingers crossed for that and for a good 7 mile run back from the garage via Ilkeston and back home along the canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment