Friday 2 March 2012

9/366

Did a bit of housework this morning and it was high time the bowl to the left was cleaned out of the junk it has accumulated over the past few years.  Hobbs Of Woodstock, my Grandparents business of chartered surveying and letting agency.  Based in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, I used to love our family visits to Woodstock to stay with Grandma and Grandad  before their divorce.  It was a lovely property on Oxford Street.  I always remember the spiral wooden staircase and the attic rooms, the place had real character and so did the residents. 

Grandad used to chase us round on all fours until we submitted and Grandma loved taking us out into the grounds of Blenheim for walks and feeding of the ducks and swans.  Now whenever we stay somewhere near a busy road the sound of traffic passing by and the pedestrian crossing bleeping occasionally always takes me back to Woodstock.

After my general cleaning/ironing duties it was time for a run, followed my regular 5.2 mile circuit of part of Attenborough Nature Reserve, I felt good throughout the run and realised that a PB may be on the cards... 1 min and 7 secs off my best, well pleased.  What's even more pleasing is that I'm knocking times of my runs and it feels as though less effort is going in to them.  Now I seem to have shaken my knee troubles off I really am enjoying my running. 

I have a possible target for later in the year, I'm keeping tight lipped for now about where and what it is as it's only an idea at the moment, but it will be for a very worthwhile cause very close to friends of ours hearts, and yes I will be asking you all for money if it happens.

Finally (if your still reading) I am preparing for another Hobbs weekend assault on that there London this weekend, I am rather miffed though that TFL have decided to close the Overground and Metropolitan lines this weekend for 'engineering' the two lines that serve our hotel, looks like we'll be using buses this weekend then!

Before I leave you, there is talk of a stag do in September requiring my presence and also Mrs H and Mrs F are plotting a trip to Ibiza this summer to see David Guetta, fun times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment