Tuesday 13 March 2012

20/366

Very little of interest to report tonight, went to work, went for a run, looked for a holiday in Ibiza, and that's about it. 

Hopefully Mrs H and I will be jetting off to Ibiza for a short break with friends to see David Guetta playing his Fuck Me I'm Famous night at Pacha.  This is all part of our living our lives backwards kind of plan that seems to be unfolding.

Whilst all our friends were out partying and living it up we were busy getting wed and having babies.  Many thought (and said) we were too young and it wouldn't last, well 15 years on we're still going strong.  Yes there have been low points but don't we all experience that.  I feel now we are stronger than ever, as we have matured we understand and appreciate what it is we have that bit more.

Now the tables are turning.  Our thoughts were that we would rather 'live life' later on when we had some money and stability behind us and are still fit and able to do what most 20 somethings get up to.  By doing things young we brought a house on the right side of the property boom.  Got the children out of the way early doors, by the time I'm in my 40's we will be able to leave the kids home alone and do as we wish. 

Next stage of the master plan is to invest our money into an early retirement plan, we have a few ideas and if things go to plan I'll be giving up the daily grind at 55, fingers crossed!

We may have done it the old fashioned way but if I had my time again I'd do nothing differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment