Thursday 15 March 2012

22/366

One of 'those' days today... That 'pea soup' fog was about this morning, in fact it really was quite bad at half 3 this morning.  I left for work as usual and carefully proceeded down the A52 unaware of what was to come.  The warning signs were there at J25 of the M1, an ambulance with blues on was loitering seemingly uncertain of which way it needed to go on the motorway.  Then by the sliproad for the north bound side a police car also on blues.  Thing is at that time of day and without the benefit of hindsight you just carry on, carry on that is until you are faced with a wall of blue lights flashing in the fog.  One and a half hours later a nice police man told me to drive into the services, onto the service road, over the motorway to grab a quick birds eye view of the carnage below and back onto motorway one, this time south bound to where I started.  Now why couldn't that cock by the sliproad have stopped me joining the motorway, he obviously knew what was ahead and must have had an idea how serious it was. BBC News report (clicky)

Later on after managing to claw back some of my lost time after my late arrival at work I suffered more misfortune in the shape of a flat tyre.  Luckily I was round the corner from an ATS depot so was only off the road for just over an hour.  Combined with the earlier shenanigans it was enough to write my day off by the time I finally got home.

Further update on yesterday's nutter on the canal... At half 5 this morning after more than 12 hours negotiating with police he gave himself up.  BBC News Report (clicky)

Was hoping to pop down the cue club tonight for an hour or so, but just couldn't be bothered, a glass of some girly black currant cider was calling me....

No comments:

Post a Comment