Tuesday 20 March 2012

27/366

A windmill - I tried to find it's name but couldn't
Opted for a shorter than normal ride after yesterdays longer than normal run.  Tour de Loughborough was my route today, nice route around Loughborough funnily enough, a few smaller hills, a long drag up to Beacon Hill, a lovely fast section from Beacon down through Swithland.  It's a lovely route with a bit of everything.  The sun was out and it was nice to feel its warmth on my bare arms and legs.  For the first day of spring, it doesn't get much better than this.

Being out on the bike gives me time to mull things over, it's a great time for me to clear my mind.  Today I came to the decision to stand back from looking after the memberships for the cycling club I'm in (Beeston CC).  There are various reasons for this, firstly I just don't have the time to do it, I don't feel inclined to do it any more, and whilst the club won't even publicly acknowledge the fact that it is I managing the membership why should I bother?  There are political reasons for them not naming me which I understand and respect, but it is frustrating none the less.

I also re-evaluated this years goals on the bike, given the fact that running now takes up much of my recreational time and that I will be running a half marathon later this year and intend to run a full one next year it is highly unlikely that I will acheive 5000 miles on the bike.  So whilst running is this (and next) years main focus I am still very much looking to forward to riding, but just enjoying it and not pressurising myself to reach any specific goals.  Audax will be my main focus on the bike, steady longer rides. 

Distance = 74.3 km
Time = 2 hrs 41 mins
Ave Speed = 26.7 kph

2012
Road Bike = 1022.5 km
Indoor = 313.5 km
Ran = 141.5 km
Total = 1477.5 km

No comments:

Post a Comment