Thursday 8 March 2012

15/366

Long Lane at dawn, the gateway to many of my rides
Opted to go shorter and harder today (ooo-er) I was planning another 100k ride but once I was tanking along Long Lane I thought I'd keep up the good pace and cut the ride a little shorter.  I was heading for Hoby on a 90k ride but pealed off at Seagrave and took one of my favourite roads Berrycot Lane up to Six Hills and back home.  I kept an average speed of just over 28kph (17.5mph) which given the breeze out there today isn't too shabby at all for me.  I also took note of my 50k time of 1hr 46, another milestone to chip away at.  Must have a crack at 50 miles once the mudguards are off, I reckon that PB is there for the taking.

Distance = 71 km
Time = 2 hrs 31 mins
Ave Speed = 28.1 kph
Ascent = 455m (6.4 m/km)

2012
Road Bike = 842.7 km
Indoor = 313.5 km
Ran = 93.4 km
Total = 1249.6 km

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but I may sneak a little run in, OK I probably will go for a run...

Tonight saw me heading to Stapleford Cue Club to indulge in my latest pastime, a few games of pool.  My mate got me into this a few months ago.  It's nothing serious, just a group of lads in it mainly for the social aspect of having a few games and a few drinks on a Thursday evening.  Just to make it more interesting they formed a team to play in the Long Eaton & district pool league.  We are currently out of season so tonight was just a (well needed on my part) training session working on my angles and doubles.  I played snooker poorly as a teenager and haven't lifted a cue since so I have a lot to learn.  As said, we don't take it too seriously, a look at the league tables will tell you that, it's just nice to get out each week for a couple of hours in good company, have a laugh and whack a few balls about.

No comments:

Post a Comment