Sunday 25 March 2012

32/366

Made the most of today's rather clement weather by spending the afternoon on the patio stripping the Peugeot down. 
Dismantled the bottom bracket and headset and was amazed to find all parts in good order, albeit the grease had seen much better days and everything needed a right good cleaning.  The stem took some removing but came in the end after some gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet.
Everything received a large dose of de-greaser and a good rub down, most of it will be going back on the project as it is rebuilt.  The 'wanted' list of parts is quite small, brake levers are required but I hope to use the existing calipers. 
The big dilemma is what to do with the frame and forks, I'm quite capable of doing a decent paint job, but it would be nice to really get a good job done.  So the frame will be touted round a few local establishments looking for a competitive quote on a respray.  And as its a restoration of the frame I need to find a decal set as well.  I'll post a few pics tomorrow from the pc, this blogger app is good most things but photos it ain't!
Coincidentally a neighbour was struggling to remove his crank arms from a nice Trek mtb frame he's getting powder coated whilst I was stripping my bottom bracket, a bit of wd40 and the rubber mallet soon had things moving though.
In other news I sprinkled £10 worth of pigeon feed on the back garden, in other words I sowed grass seed over the veg patch as I can no longer get motivated to be a gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment