Sunday 11 March 2012

18/366

Bolsover Castle
Well we were treated to a lovely spring day today.  An overtime shift saw me rising at 3am and for the first time this year I heard the birds singing as I rose at silly o'clock.

By the time I left the depot with a fully loaded lorry at 05:40 the sky was lighting up and at just before 06:30 I was treated to a lovely sunrise.  As I was saying the other day, there really is something special about mornings like this.  The route I did today was one of the more scenic routes taking in North Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire bordering South Yorkshire.  Lovely roads and views between drops, especially when you get out Creswell - Bolsover way.  Also saw something you don't see often this morning, a stoat!  I don't know a lot about these animals but was surprised to see it in such a built up area.

An early finish and I was home for 11:00, quick change and out in the garden to give it a spring clean.  I f*cking hate gardening, hard to believe from someone who kept an allotment for nearly 2 years.  I dont mind mowing the lawn every now and then but when it comes to weeding, well I'd rather pull my fingernails out! 

One good thing about a good tidy up in the garden is that the pyromaniac in me comes out to play and true to form it wasn't long before a years worth of rubbish and the old chicken coop were up in flames threatening to take out the next door neighbours fence too, Christ that felt burns well :)

Once I had satisfied the destructive devil inside me it was beer time.  After a hard week of daily exercise and full of satisfaction after tidying and burning the garden I figured a few beers in front of the telly wouldn't hurt.  A great week of cycling has been on TV and I was 2 days behind so had plenty to catch up on. 

A great week for Bradley Wiggins taking the overall in the Paris-Nice, the first British winner since Tom Simpson in 1967.  Can he maintain this kind of form until July?  We'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment